Wednesday 15 January 2014

THE BLOODY MARY

Bloody Mary basics are simply tomatoes, hotsauce and vodka. I have always wanted to make a Bloody Mary so when I finally did my photos were blurred. Any way, This is a great drink that can be taken spicy and you can regulate it to suit it to your preference. For example I'm a huge fan of pilipili (pepper) and anything hot and spicy so I add lots of it.

  Ingredients
1.10z vodka (I used Smirnoff)
2. Tomato juice
3. Red hot sauce
4. I Dash Worcestershire sauce(I couldt find this so I used Tabasco Sauce). You can use Cholula Chilly but good luck finding it.

5. 0.5 0z Lemon juice
6. Salt
7. Pepper(How you like it. I use ground pepper)
8. Celery stalk for garnishing.

credits culicurious.com


Procedure
Pour ingredients number 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 in mixing glasses.
Pour back and forth till they mix.
Strain the mixture.
Put ice cubes in a highball glass.
Pour the strained mixture in the highball glass
garnish with celery

foodnetwork.com



 Thats the conventional way. In Kenya we improvise alot. I really wanted a Bloody Mary and my local mama mboga (grocer) does not sell celery. I used a lemon wedge for garnishing and you can too.

 Make you own version Bloody Mary and call it the Jean Bloody Mary. Use your name though.


Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment