Wednesday 29 January 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: BACARDI MOJITO CLASSIC

On 25th January, I did a post on how I was dreaming of a mojito. I demonstrated how I made a classic mojito with freshly squeezed lime + rum +mint + ice. These days you can find cocktails by the bottle. They have been mixed to perfection and bottled for you. If you love your cocktails standard and you dont like playing bartender, this is for you. I won a Bacardi hamper in a contest on Facebook. I wrote about it in a post here. It pairs lime and mint in the classic Bacardi. This drink is ready and you just have to add ice. I loved it. In fact it tasted like a real mojito. One concern however is that the mint essence was not so pronounced. I love my fresh mint and it was a bit subtle in the drink. Apart from that I loved the drink. It was sweet so there was no concern in leaving a tannic taste in my mouth or adding soda.



Fact sheet
This drink is produced and packed by Bacardi &Company USA.
It was released in 2008.
It has 15% acl/ vol.
750ml

Personal note
I loved the sweet taste.
The lime was very prominent in the drink.
The mint was mild.
Great with ice in a tall glass/ highball glass.



Ingredients
Water, Bacardi Rum, Sugar, Citric Acid, Flavouring, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Benzoate, Glycerol Ester of Wood Resin, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Tartrazine, Brilliant Blue


This is a great drink to serve in parties when you don't have a professional mixlogist /bartender.

Enjoy...

3 comments:

  1. Great article on mojito. Personally, I found mojito to have a certain refreshingly citrousy taste that I experimented with some whisky just for fun and the results.......Well.......it was awesome. If you are looking for some more kick than your average cola and whisky, its a good try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Warui. I loved it too. The mint made it refreshing and I could sip on it from time to time without any tannic taste/residue in my mouth. And yes it is a good alternative to whisky/vodka+ cola. Its great for friends who are chilling in the house. Its a demure drink.

      Delete
  2. Thực là món ngon uống hoài mà tôi không chán, rất cảm ơn bạn, thú vị quá, mời bạn xem các thông tin bài viết >>> Xem các thông tin về răng nanh là như thế nào ?

    ReplyDelete