Friday 16 May 2014

WINETASTING AFFAIR WITH DOMAINE KENYA LTD. DAY 1


Winetasting is an affair you want to have. It is always fun. And it is even better when the facilitator knows his stuff. Domaine Kenya was having wine tasting sessions at The Kenya Hospitality Trade Fair on 15th May 2014. Day 1 went well. The facilitator, Kipchumba, had great insights  eloquence and he knew his wine. He projected his wine notes on a screen so that people could jot down stuff as the session continued.






Mwachanje from IHTI explaining some wine knowledge to me.

My friend Mercy , Mwachanje from IHTI and I

 Mercy, Kipchumba and I
The company had two stations. One station was the wine tasting station and the other was the display section. At the first Location the team had set up tables and shelves full of fine wine. Domaine Kenya are Fine Wines and Spirits Merchants that stock a variety of wines from different countries all over the world. Some of their brands are Vina Maipo, Boland Cellar, Torres, Mateus, Spier and Bardinet.







On Day 1 we tasted four types of wines. Winetasting is a journey of the senses. We took a sensory journey from South Africa to Italy to France to Spain. I had carried my wine journal with me and I recorded every tiny bit of information and I am always happy to share it with my readers. Check the next post for the in depth reviews.
Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. This a nice article...kudos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Phares Njoroge. I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Phares Njoroge. I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete