Sunday 11 May 2014

WINE REVIEW: FRAGOLINO ROSSO



I had a very eventful weekend. Well I had a sleepover with one of my girlfriends on Friday.  I was looking for a great wine that would be perfect for the night. Here was what I had to work with. I was on a budget of about Kshs 900 So the wine had to be below Kshs 900. As you know I shop for most of my wine at Nakumatt so I went to the Moi Avenue Branch. It was a Friday and the liquor section was full of people so I had to make a decision fast. I told the guy to give me a great red wine that would be good for a girl’s night in. I needed a wine that one would drink while gossiping the night away amid watching chick flicks and eating junk. Without hesitation he said, ‘’I know just what you need. You can thank me later”.
It was his conviction and confidence that made me not ask any more questions. I took my bottle and waited in line. Fast forward to the part where I actually do the wine review.

NAME: Fragolino Rosso
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 10%
PRICE: Kshs 775
STOCKIST: Nakumatt Moi Avenue
TASTE: Very sweet. Tastes of freshly cut strawberries.  Little aftertaste of sugar and strawberries. Intense hints of other fruits.
AROMA: Smells fruity, Smells of strawberries, Fruity and sweet smelling, nectary.
PAIRING: We paired it with spaghetti, Minced beef with peas and cucumber, with grated carrot and pepper (Pilipili) on the side.

THOUGHTS ON THE PAIRING: It was just perfect. The food tasted well with the wine. One of my best food and wine pairings yet.
COMMENTS: Planning a picnic, lunch, dinner or a girl’s night in? This is the best option. Very affordable you don’t have to break the bank. I am definitely buying it again. The bottle is very pretty and presentable.


4 comments:

  1. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing..
    product reviews

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks for sharing this Post, Keep Updating such topics.
    snapscores

    ReplyDelete

  3. I have not heard about before. Keep sharing more blog posts on this Community and get extra benefits with this ideas and knowledge. Thanks for this one.
    echstarusae
    echstarusaarusa
    tsingrittye
    singrittympe

    ReplyDelete