Wednesday 25 June 2014

BACK TO BASICS: THE SCREWDRIVER

This is so basic. It is like learning the alphabet once more. The screwdriver is a very easy drink to make. It is interestingly uncomplicated. It’s probably the first cocktail recipe I ever learned. It also has a very interesting name. People who worked in oil rigs in the Middle East would open cans of OJ(Orange Juice) with a screw driver. They would take cans and cans to cool off from the hot sun. If you are looking for that burst of vitamin C, this is the drink to go for. 
Yesterday I was feeling under the weather. Do you have those days when you are feeling lethargic, lazy and demotivated? Work seems to take a toll on you and you need a break? I was having such a day. I have learnt never to ignore that feeling. Sometimes, your body sends you a message that it is low on electrolytes and you need to recharge your batteries. I decided to fix a tall drink with a lot of freshly squeezed orange juice. Oranges have a lot of ascorbic acid and they smell fresh. This will definitely change your mood.
To make the screw driver you need
  • Absolut Vodka
  • Fresh Orange juice
  • Orange wedge for garnish


slice the orange and cut in half to get a wedge for garnish


Procedure
  • In a mixing glass pour the vodka and juice.
  • Stir with a bar spoon
  • Fill a highball glass with ice.
  • Add the mixture
  • Garnish with orange wedge




I have not written what amount of vodka to use because it depends with the individuals preferences. I put an ounce of vodka because I did not want a potent drink plus it was a weekday and some work needed to get done.

I definitely felt better and this drink gave me the motivation to finish a project I have been working on for weeks. Try it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT, THIS SITE IS SO EASY TO NAVAGATE THROUGH, AND EASY TO GET BACK ON TRACK IF YOU FIND SOMETHING ELSE YOU WANT TO EXPLORE. AND NEED I SAY CONVINIENCE? THANKYOU!

    unduh game tembak ikan

    Slot Online Via Pulsa

    Bandar judi Sepak Bola

    Judi Tembak Ikan Online

    bonus besar Sepak Bola

    Bandar judi Sepak Bola

    game online uang asli indonesia

    ReplyDelete